This is one of my staple salads. It’s refreshing, substantial and extremely versatile. Now BBQ season is well under way, it makes a perfect accompaniment to anything you can grill from fish and burgers to peppers and halloumi.
All you need
– 4 packets of cooked beetroot – about 12 beet (or you could bake your own beetroot – see previous posts)
– 1 orange (pealed)
– 60g Feta
– 50g blanched hazelnuts
Dressing: I used Mellow Yellow classic vinegarette but I use to make my own with olive oil, Apple cyder vinegar, whole grain mustard, salt and pepper
All you do
1. Roast the hazelnuts in a pan with a little oil. Once browned leave to one side to cool.
2. Chop the beetroot into quarters and chop the orange into small bit size chunks.
3. Toss the beetroot, rocket, orange and hazelnuts in two tablespoons of oil.
4. Roughly break up the feta and sprinkle on top of the salad before turning it in a couple of times